The vaping world can often be confusing and challenging to get your head around. With so many different terms and options available, it could easily overwhelm newcomers. Even experienced vapers feel out of their depth sometimes!
If you’ve ever considered buying a VooPoo product, you’ve probably come across their famous PnP coils. Available in a range of different resistances, types, and materials, picking the right PnP coils for your VooPoo device can be intimidating at first,
That’s why we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to VooPoo PnP coils. Starting with the basics, we’ll help you understand these coils and which type you need to buy.
Introduction to vape coils
Let’s start at the very beginning. Vape coils are an essential component in any vaping device. The coil's responsibility is to heat the e-liquid and turn it into that delicious vapour that you inhale.
Coils consist of the wire itself and a wick, often made from organic cotton. The wicking material soaks up the e-liquid, ready for it to be heated and turned into vapour by the energy passing through the coil.
Coils don’t last forever – they need to be replaced every few days to every few weeks. This means you’ll need a stash of coils ready to switch into your vaping device.
Although there’s a wide range of coil types to choose from, some vaping devices will only be compatible with certain coil types. This article will explore one of the most convenient coil types, the PnP coil, which is compatible with many VooPoo vape kits.
What Are PnP Coils?
The VooPoo PnP coil is a coil that has been designed for ease of use. PnP stands for "push and pull". This is because they are pushed into position when inserting them. You can simply pull the old ones out when they need to be replaced.
VooPoo is already recognised as one of the most trustworthy vape companies on the market. They have a wide range of vaping devices, including the famous Drag and Argus series. Creating this easy-to-install and remove coil system is excellent for beginners. It is also beneficial to more experienced users that crave convenience.
Are PnP Coils Good?
VooPoo PnP coils are a great choice, especially if you enjoy sub-ohm vaping.
It isn't uncommon to find convenient technological developments that lack something. However, choosing the VooPoo PnP coil system is no sacrifice. The coils have been specifically designed for use with a number of excellent VooPoo devices.
DTL and MTL vape users have both been catered for. The resistance level and power range available offer users an excellent choice.
When it comes to convenience, the PnP coils really shine. These coils offer users an easier way to change coils. It also offers a great way to switch vaping styles while using the same system – just pull the old coil out and push a new one in.
No matter what vaping style suits your preference, the VooPoo PnP coil range will have a suitable option.
Which PnP Coil Is Best for MTL?
MTL (Mouth to Lung) vaping is typically suited to beginners. This is because the vapour is first inhaled into the mouth and held there before moving to the lungs. This is similar to how people smoke cigarettes, making MTL vaping good for people transitioning from smoking to vaping.
MTL vaping is typically associated with vapers that are more interested in the flavour or getting their nicotine fix than creating clouds.
The best coils for MTL vaping typically range from 0.6 ohm to 1.8 ohm. Because of this, the following options from the PnP coil series are most suitable:
- PnP-VM4 - The single mesh coil design of the PnP-VM4 option provides users with a full MTL vaping experience. This is possible thanks to the 0.6 ohm resistance and 20 to 28W power output range.
- PnP-R1 - The PnP-R1 options are regular coils with a 12 to 18W range and 0.8 ohm resistance.
- PnP-R2 - The PnP-R2 can provide a fuller flavour with decreased vapour thanks to its 1 Ohm resistance and 10 to 15 W range.
- PnP-TM1 Mesh Coil - The versatile PnP-TM1 Mesh Coil is an option that is compatible with a range of VooPoo products. It has been designed for use with nic salts. It has a resistance of 0.6 Ohm and a 20 to 25W range.
- PnP-TM2 Mesh Coil - The mesh coil design of the PnP-TM2 is similar to the PnP-R2 option as you will enjoy a greater flavour quality than the TM1 option. You will sacrifice vapour production because of the 0.8 ohm range and the 12 to 18W range.
- PnP-TR1 Mesh Coil - This is another versatile option that is compatible with a range of VooPoo products. It has a range of 10 to 15W and a resistance of 1.2 ohm, which excellent flavours and less vapour production, making it a more discreet option for vaping in public places.
Which PnP Coil Is Best for DTL?
DTL (Direct to Lung) vaping is achieved by using low resistance coils and a lot of airflow with long draws on your vape device. This style of vaping is associated with creating large clouds of vapour. DTL vaping is typically done by more experienced vapers.
DTL vaping is often known as sub-ohm vaping. This is because this style uses coils with a resistance lower than one ohm. (Note: these days, some MTL coils also have a resistance below 1 ohm. DTL coils tend to have very low resistances of 0.6 ohm or below)
This type of coil can handle more power and heats the wick more quickly. This helps to create large amounts of vapour quickly and allows vapers to breathe in large plumes.
The best options in the PnP coil series for DTL vaping include;
- PnP-VM1 - With a resistance of 0.3 ohm and a range of 32 to 40 W, the PnP-VM1 is an excellent DTL coil. You will enjoy satisfactory vapour production with impressive flavour.
- PnP-VM3 - The VooPoo PnP-VM3 coil range has a resistance of 0.45 ohm and a range of 25 to 35W. This single mesh option provides a little less vapour production but great flavour.
- PnP-VM5 - The PnP-VM5 has a higher wattage range than the PnP-VM4 option of between 40 to 60W. The coil's resistance is 0.2 ohm. The mesh coil build provides even heat distribution for very impressive clouds. It also creates great tasting flavour. It was designed for use with the Vinci X and Drag S vape devices.
- PnP-VM6 - The PnP-VM6 mesh coil design was made specifically for the VooPoo Drag X vape. With a resistance of 0.15 ohm, this great option delivers impressive cloud production and delicious flavours.
Can I Use PnP Coils in Any Vape?
No, not all vape devices will accept VooPoo PnP coils. PnP coils are only compatible with VooPoo vapes. Moreover, some coils are only compatible with particular models from VooPoo, so it is important to check what coil your vape will take for the best results. For example, different designs (round wire configuration, single coil configuration, dual coil design, etc.) may only suit particular devices.
Please refer to the advice below to help you find the right VooPoo PnP coil series for your device.
- PnP-VM1 - Vinci, Vinci R, Vinci X, Navi, PnP 22, Drag X, Drag S
- PnP-VM3 - Vinci, Vinci Air, Vinci R, Vinci X, Navi, PnP 22 and 20, Drag X, Drag S
- PnP-VM4 - Drag X, Drag S, PnP 22 and 20, Navi, Vinci Air, Vinci X, Vinci R, Vinci
- PnP-VM5 - Drag S, Vinci X
- PnP-VM6 - Drag X
- PnP-R1 / PnP-R2 / PnP-M2 - PnP 22 and 20, Navi, Drag X, Drag S, Drag Baby, Find Trio, Vinci Air, Vinci X, Vinci R, Vinci
- PnP-TM1 Mesh Coil/ PnP-TM2 / PnP-TR1 Mesh Coil - Vinci, Vinci R, Vinci X, Vinci Air, Drag X, Drag S, Navi, PnP 22 and 20, Argus Air, Argus Gt, Drag Max, V.Suit
- PnP-RBA - Navi, Vinci, Vinci Air, Vinci R, Vinci X, Drag S and X Pods
Note: if you’re still trying to decide which VooPoo device to opt for, check out our guide to the VooPoo Drag X vs Drag S.
VooPoo is widely regarded as one of the planet's best and most innovative vape producers. They are dedicated to improving vape designs, using developing technology to improve performance and convenience.
The VooPoo PnP coil series offers users an easy way to replace coils and enjoy a great vaping experience.
The great selection makes it easy for customers to find what they need, so check out our range of VooPoo PnP coils to make the most of your VooPoo kit.